1995 WISCONSIN ACT 423
An Act to create 85.24 (4) of the statutes; relating to: records relating to ride-sharing programs and providing a penalty.
The people of the state of Wisconsin, represented in senate and assembly, do enact as follows:
85.24 (4) of the statutes is created to read:
85.24 (4) Confidentiality of information. (a) Except as provided in par. (b), a record containing any of the following information collected under this section relating to any applicant for ride-sharing services shall be kept confidential and may not be inspected or copied under s. 19.35 (1):
1. Residential address and phone number.
2. The time of beginning and ending work.
3. Current mode of commuting between home and workplace.
4. Type of ride-sharing service information requested.
(b) Paragraph (a) does not prohibit the disclosure of the information to the extent necessary to administer the ride-sharing program.
(c) Any person who wilfully discloses or who, under false pretenses, wilfully requests or obtains information in violation of par. (a) may be required to forfeit not more than $500 for each violation. This paragraph does not apply to information disclosed, requested or obtained to the extent necessary to administer the ride-sharing program.
(1) This act takes effect on the first day of the 2nd month beginning after publication.