2009 - 2010 LEGISLATURE
CONFERENCE AMENDMENT 1,
TO SENATE SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT 1,
TO 2009 ASSEMBLY BILL 75
June 25, 2009 - Offered by Committee of Conference on Assembly Bill 75.
115.793 Same; attached council.
(1) 911 council.
(a) There is created a 911 2
council attached to the public service commission under s. 15.03. The council shall 3
consist of the following members appointed for 3-year terms by the public service 4
1. One member recommended by the League of Wisconsin Municipalities.
2. One member recommended by the Wisconsin Counties Association.
3. One member recommended by the Wisconsin Chapter of the National 8
Emergency Number Association.
4. One member recommended by the Badger State Sheriff's Association.
5. Two members who are representatives of commercial mobile radio service 11
providers, as defined in s. 196.01 (2g), operating in this state.
6. One member recommended by the Wisconsin Chapter of the Association of 13
Public Safety Communications Officials.
7. Two members recommended by the Wisconsin State Telecommunications 15
Association, one of whom is a representative of a local exchange carrier with fewer 16
than 50,000 access lines.
8. One member who is a representative of a voice over Internet protocol 18
9. One police chief member recommended by the Wisconsin Chiefs of Police 20
10. One fire chief member recommended by the Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs 22
11. One member recommended by the Wisconsin Emergency Management 24
12. One member who is a representative of the cable industry.
13. One member recommended by the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services 2
The 911 council shall meet at least twice annually. No member or staff of 4
the public service commission may serve as chairperson or vice chairperson of the 911 5
council. Members of the 911 council shall undertake their duties in a manner that 6
is competitively and technologically neutral to all service providers. The council 7
shall adopt guidelines for reimbursement of member expenses under s. 15.09 (6).
(c) The 911 council shall advise the public service commission administering 9
the 911 fund and on administering the 911 grant program and surcharge and 10
developing the statewide plan for enhanced 911 service under s. 256.35 (3g), on any 11
related rules, and on any other matters assigned to the council by the commission.".
(f) General operations.".
16.40 (25) Submission of agency requests to legislature.
During January of 18
the odd-numbered year, the department shall submit copies of the state agency 19
reports under s. 16.42 (1) (a) and (b) to the joint committee on finance and to the chief 20
clerk of each house of the legislature under s. 13.172 (3), for distribution to the 21
appropriate standing committees in the senate and the assembly that have 22
jurisdiction over the state agencies.".
110. Page 33, line 22
: after "year" insert "for the performance of services of 2
agency employees who would have performed the services had they been hired or had 3
they not have been required to take an unpaid leave of absence".
"(cm) Paragraph (b) shall not apply to contracts entered into under s. 977.08.".
16.957 (2) (a) (intro.) of the statutes is renumbered 16.957 (2) 10
(a) and amended to read:
(a) Low-income programs.
After holding a hearing, establish 12
programs to be administered by the department for awarding grants from the 13
appropriation under s. 20.505 (3) (r) to provide low-income assistance. In each fiscal 14
year, the amount awarded under this paragraph shall be sufficient to ensure that an 15
amount equal to 47% of the sum of the following, or the amount determined under
16par. (d) 2m.,
is spent for weatherization and other energy conservation services:
(d) 2m. In fiscal years 2009-10 and 2010-11, at the department's 19
discretion, subtract no more than $10,000,000 from the amount required to be spent 20
on weatherization and other energy conservation services under par. (a).
AB75-SSA1-CA1, s. 120y
16.957 (2) (d) 2m. of the statutes, as created by 2009 Wisconsin 22
Act .... (this act), is repealed.".