Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs
Senate Bill 304
Relating to: safety belts on certain school buses that are purchased or sold and making an appropriation.
By Senators T. Cullen, Carpenter, Harris, Lehman, Risser and Schultz; cosponsored by Representatives Bies, Berceau, Clark, Hulsey, Kessler, Kolste, Ringhand, C. Taylor and Wachs.
September 24, 2013 Referred to Committee on Transportation, Public Safety, and Veterans and Military Affairs
October 31, 2013 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Petrowski; Senators Leibham, Cowles, Carpenter and Hansen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Tim Cullen - Senator - 15th Senate District
· Kevin Murray - Janesville School Board | Retired Firefighter/Paramedic
· Joe Conway
· James Fey - Wisconsin School Bus Association
· Tom Westlund - Westlund Bus Lines, Inc.
· Tom Howells - Wisconsin Motor Carriers Association
· Harold Steenbock - Hortonville School District
Appearances for Information Only
· Garey Bies - Representative - 1st Assembly District
· Thomas Brunner
· Yolanda Cargile - Dr. - Janesville School District
· John Forester - School Administrators Alliance (SAA)
· Rich Coffren - Wisconsin School Bus Association
· Michael McManus - Wisconsin School Bus Association
· James Syburg - Wisconsin School Bus Association
· Chris Arnett - Wisconsin School Bus Association
· Alan Wood - Pulaski Community Schools
· Joseph Quick - Wisconsin Association of School Boards
Registrations for Information Only
April 08, 2014 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1