Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Government Operations and Consumer Protection
Senate Bill 617
Relating to: surplus retention limitations for providers of rate-based services purchased by the Department of Children and Families, the Department of Corrections, the Department of Health Services, or a county department of human services, social services, community programs, or developmental disabilities services.
By Senator Marklein; cosponsored by Representative Kooyenga.
January 22, 2016 Referred to Committee on Government Operations and Consumer Protection
February 04, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Stroebel; Senators LeMahieu, Kapenga, Harris Dodd and Wirch.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Howard Marklein - 17th Senate District
· Representative Dale Kooyenga - 14th Assembly District
· Dan Magnuson - Lad Lake
· Sherri Huff - Lad Lake
· Jeff Vande Leest - Family Services Northeast WI
· Deb Lemke - Children's Hospital of WI
· Kathy Markeland - WI Association of Family and Children's Agencies
Appearances for Information Only
· Bill Hanna - DHS
· Sara Buschman - DCF
· Bob Nikolay - DCF
· Ron Hermes - DCF
· Liz Buchen - Lutheran Social Services Agency
· Ron Hauser - Lutheran Social Services Agency
· Kyle Christianson - Wisconsin Counties Association
Registrations for Information Only
April 07, 2016 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1