Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Mental Health
Assembly Bill 538
Relating to: transfer for emergency detention and warning of dangerousness.
By Representatives Jagler, Genrich, Berceau, Bernier, Born, R. Brooks, Edming, Goyke, Hintz, Horlacher, Kolste, Loudenbeck, Mason, Pope, Quinn, Riemer, Ripp, Stuck, Tittl, VanderMeer, Zepnick, Tusler and Spiros; cosponsored by Senators Cowles, Ringhand, Bewley, Harsdorf, Olsen and Shilling.
October 16, 2017 Referred to Committee on Mental Health
October 24, 2017 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Sanfelippo, Snyder, VanderMeer, Considine, Sargent, Brostoff and Zepnick.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Spiros.
· Representative John Jagler
· Representative Eric Genrich
· Matthew Stanford - Wisconsin Hospital Association
· Dr. Jerry Halverson - Rogers Behavioral Health
· Sharon Cox - Beloit Health System
· Dr. Kristen Freier - Gundersen Health System
Appearances for Information Only
· Shel Gross - Mental Health America of Wisconsin
· Sarah Diedrick-Kasdorf - Wisconsin Counties Association
· Kit Kerschensteiner - Disability Rights Wisconsin
· State Senator Robert Cowles
· Jodi Bloch - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
· Mark Grapentine - Wisconsin Medical Society
· Eric Jensen - Wisconsin Chapter: American College of Emergency Physicians
· Erik Kanter - Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians
· Eric Jensen - Wisconsin Psychiatric Association
Registrations for Information Only
November 07, 2017 Executive Session Held
Present: (11) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Snyder, VanderMeer, Spiros, Considine, Sargent, Brostoff and Zepnick.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Sanfelippo.
Moved by Representative Sargent, seconded by Representative Spiros that Assembly Bill 538 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (11) Representative Tittl; Representatives Jagler, Ballweg, Novak, Snyder, VanderMeer, Spiros, Considine, Sargent, Brostoff and Zepnick.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 11, Noes 0