- Born Ladysmith, Wisconsin, November 22, 1945; married; 3 sons, 2 granddaughters, 1 great granddaughter.
- Graduate Flambeau High School (Tony), 1964; Teacher’s Certificate Taylor County Teacher’s College, 1967; attended University of Wisconsin–Superior, University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire, University of Wisconsin–Menomonie, University of Wisconsin–Barron County.
- Convenience store owner, metal stamping company owner, farmer. Former frozen pizza manufacturer.
- Member: 3rd degree Master Mason; 32nd degree Scottish Rite; Shriner; NRA (gun instructor); Model T Ford Club. Rusk County Hospital Board, 1980–82, 2010–present.
- Rusk County Board of Supervisors, 1976–87.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.