Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Colleges and Universities
Assembly Bill 371
Relating to: uniform course numbering and the transfer of course credits among technical colleges and University of Wisconsin System schools, and eliminating certain restrictions on the respective educational roles of the University of Wisconsin System and the Technical College System.
By Representatives Murphy, Wichgers, Kulp, Kerkman, Vorpagel, Nygren, Felzkowski, Mursau, Ramthun, Zimmerman, Knodl and Tittl; cosponsored by Senators Jacque and Stroebel.
August 12, 2019 Referred to Committee on Colleges and Universities
September 12, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (11) Representative Murphy; Representatives Duchow, Wittke, Summerfield, Krug, Shankland, Billings, Stubbs, Emerson, Hesselbein and Anderson.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (5) Representatives Tranel, Ballweg, Stafsholt, Quinn and Petryk.
· Rep. Dave Murphy - 56th Assembly District
· Sen. Andre Jacque - 1st Senate District
· Robyn Ludtke - Waukesha County Business Alliance
Appearances for Information Only
· Jeff Buhrandt - UW System
· President Morna Foy - WI Technical College System
· Mike Alexander - UW-Green Bay
· Chris Head - UW-Milwaukee
· Steve Hahn - UW-Madison
· Scott Onczarek - UW-Madison
· Glen Schwalbach
· Kathi Kilgore - Academic Staff Professionals Representation Organization
Registrations for Information Only
· Jim Lemerond - Lakeshore Technical College
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1