Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Science and Technology
Assembly Bill 872
Relating to: restricting controllers from using consumer personal data and providing a penalty.
By Representatives Zimmerman, Steffen, Quinn, Duchow, Wichgers, Wittke, Plumer, Sortwell, Kulp, Dittrich, Thiesfeldt, Knodl, Gundrum, Brostoff and Macco; cosponsored by Senator Risser.
February 10, 2020 Referred to Committee on Science and Technology
February 12, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative Quinn; Representatives Petersen, Allen, Wittke, Schraa, Brandtjen, Neubauer and Sargent.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Representative Anderson.
· Rep. Shannon Zimmerman - 30th Assembly District
· Chris Reader - WI Manufacturers & Commerce
· Zach Bemis - Godfrey & Kahn, WI Insurance Alliance
· Justin Webb - WI Insurance Alliance
Appearances for Information Only
· Lara Sutherlin - Department of Ag, Trade, & Consumer Protection
· Tom Moore - WI Cable Communications Association
· Tom Fonfara - Microsoft
· Misha Lee - Independent Insurance Agents of WI
· Sarah Wainscott - WI Credit Union League
· Matt Philipps - Alliance of WI Retailers
· Matt Philipps - American Property Casualty Insurance Association
· Bill McClenahan - Thrivent
· Bill Smith - National Federation of Independent Businesses
· Kathi Kilgore - Outdoor Advertising Association of WI
· Sarah Ohs - Consumer Data Industry Association
· Andy Franken - WI Insurance Alliance
· Jon Turke - WI Bankers Association
· Connie O'Connell - WI Council of Life Insurers
Registrations for Information Only
· Tom Still - WI Technology Council
· Tyler Diers - TechNet
· Ben VanPelt - University of Wisconsin-Madison
· Andrew Schriner - CenturyLink
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1