Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Economic Development, Commerce and Trade
Senate Bill 811
Relating to: making changes related to mixed-use tax incremental financing districts, increasing the amount of time a city or village may extend the life of a tax incremental district to improve its affordable and workforce housing, allowing a reduction in the amount of certain impact fees, and authorizing local units of government to implement workforce housing initiatives.
By Senators Feyen and L. Taylor; cosponsored by Representatives Brooks, Summerfield, Jagler, Krug, Kuglitsch, Magnafici, Skowronski, VanderMeer, Spiros and Quinn.
February 12, 2020 Referred to Committee on Economic Development, Commerce and Trade
February 19, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Feyen; Senators Testin, Petrowski, Ringhand and Carpenter.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Micheal Welsh - Wisconsin Economic Development Association
· Senior Vice President Tom Larson - WIsconsin Realtors Association
· Dave Armstrong - WEDA and Barron County EDC
· Executive Director Brad Boycks - WIsconsin BUilders ASsociation
· Rep Rob Brooks - Himself
· Senator Dan Feyen - 18th Senate District
· CUrt WItynski - LEague oF WI MUnicipalities
Appearances for Information Only
· Mr James Bohl - City of Milwaukee
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1