Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Local Government, Small Business, Tourism and Workforce Development
Senate Bill 721
Relating to: loan to the Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitor Bureau for the construction of a visitor information and education center and authorizing general fund supported borrowing to fund the loan.
By Senator Jacque; cosponsored by Representatives Tauchen, Steffen, Kitchens, Macco, Mursau, Rohrkaste, Steineke, Tittl, Tusler, Gruszynski and Stuck.
January 24, 2020 Referred to Committee on Local Government, Small Business, Tourism and Workforce Development
February 04, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Jacque; Senators Bernier, Tiffany, Schachtner and Miller.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Andre Jacque - 1st Senate District
· Representative Gary Tauchen
· Representative Staush Gruszynski - 90th Assembly District
· Brad Toll - Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau
· Cameron Teske - Greater Green Bay Convention & Visitors Bureau
Appearances for Information Only
· Eric Knight - Assoc. of Wisconsin Tourism Attractions
· Kathi Kilgore - WI Hotel & Lodging Association
· Laurie Radke - Greater Green Bay Chamber
· Secretary-designee Sara Meaney - WI Dept. of Tourism
· Senator Rob Cowles
Registrations for Information Only
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1