Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Natural Resources and Energy
Senate Bill 712
Relating to: funding a University of Wisconsin System freshwater collaborative and making an appropriation.
By Senators Darling, Cowles, Larson, Olsen, Petrowski, Testin and Wirch; cosponsored by Representatives Novak, Shankland, Tranel, Krug, Summerfield, Kurtz, Pope, Hebl, Kitchens, Felzkowski, Anderson, Ballweg, Cabrera, Considine, Doyle, Edming, Emerson, Gruszynski, Katsma, Kolste, Kulp, Macco, Magnafici, Milroy, Murphy, Mursau, Neubauer, Ohnstad, Petryk, Plumer, Sargent, Sinicki, Skowronski, Spreitzer, Stubbs, Subeck, Swearingen, Tauchen, Billings, C. Taylor, Tusler, Vining, Vruwink, Zamarripa, Zimmerman, Allen and Spiros.
January 24, 2020 Referred to Committee on Natural Resources and Energy
January 29, 2020 Public Hearing Held
Present: (4) Senator Cowles; Senators Olsen, Miller and Hansen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (1) Senator Marklein.
· Senator Alberta Darling - 8th Senate District
· Representative Todd Novak - 51st Assembly District
· Tom Luljak - UW-Milwaukee
· James Hurley - UW-Madison
· Kevin Fermanich - UW-Green Bay
· J. Brian Mahoney - UW-Eau Claire
· Val Klump - UW-Milwaukee
· Roger Haro - UW-La Crosse
· Amy Eliot - UW-Superior Lake Superior Research Institute
· Jessica Orlofske - UW-Parkside
· Brian Sloss - UW-Stevens Point
· Elisabeth Harrachy - UW-Whitewater
Appearances for Information Only
· Senator Robert Cowles - 2nd Senate District
· Ray Cross - UW-System
· Andy Leavitt - UW-Oshkosh
Registrations for Information Only
February 05, 2020 Executive Session Held
Present: (5) Senator Cowles; Senators Olsen, Marklein, Miller and Hansen.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Senator Cowles, seconded by Senator Miller that Senate Bill 712 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (5) Senator Cowles; Senators Olsen, Marklein, Miller and Hansen.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 5, Noes 0