Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Universities, Technical Colleges, Children and Families
Senate Bill 232
Relating to: termination of parental rights; the rights of alleged fathers in certain proceedings; and payments allowed in connection with an adoption.
By Senators Jacque, Marklein and Wanggaard; cosponsored by Representatives Brandtjen, Fields, Wichgers, Kulp, Mursau, Plumer, Quinn, Ramthun, Sanfelippo, Skowronski and Thiesfeldt.
May 23, 2019 Referred to Committee on Universities, Technical Colleges, Children and Families
December 04, 2019 Public Hearing Held
Present: (7) Senator Kooyenga; Senators Nass, Darling, Olsen, Bewley, Larson and Schachtner.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Andre Jacque - Himself
· Jillian Camara-Foss
· Cody Foss
· Tim and Jill Damrow
· Legislative Liaison Adam Plotkin - State Public Defender
· Legal Counsel Diane Rondini - State Public Defender
· Attorney Michelle Gordon - Oneida Nation
· Attorney Jeffrey Jazgar - Menominee Tribe
· Legislative Attorney Nicole Homer - Ho-Chunk Nation
Appearances for Information Only
· Legislative Liaison Nancy Rottier - Wisconsin Court System
· Kristen Wetzel - Wisconsin Court System
· Dane County Circuit Court Judge Shelley Gaylord - Wisconsin Court System
· Jeff Pertl - Department of Children and Families
Registrations for Information Only
· Lynne Davis - State Bar of Wisconsin Children and the Law Section
March 26, 2020 Failed to pass pursuant to Senate Joint Resolution 1