- Born Louisville, Kentucky, November 4, 1969; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Oak Creek High School, 1987; graduate Trans-American School of Broadcasting (Madison), 1989; attended University of Wisconsin-Parkside, 1987–88.
- Realtor; owner, family-run natural dog treat company; owner, communications consulting company. Former radio morning show host, news anchor; communications director, assembly speaker Jeff Fitzgerald.
- Member: Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels; Watertown Elks Club.
- Former member: Radio TV News Directors Association; Milwaukee Press Club.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.