Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Insurance, Licensing and Forestry
Senate Bill 181
Relating to: licensure of dental therapists; extending the time limit for emergency rule procedures; providing an exemption from emergency rule procedures; providing an exemption from rule-making procedures; and granting rule-making authority.
By Senators Felzkowski, Bernier, Darling, Kooyenga, Pfaff, Ringhand, Stafsholt, Stroebel and L. Taylor; cosponsored by Representatives Plumer, Armstrong, Baldeh, Brooks, Callahan, Dittrich, Duchow, Gundrum, Krug, Magnafici, Moses, Mursau, L. Myers, Neylon, Ramthun, J. Rodriguez, Rozar, Schraa, Skowronski, Snyder, Spiros, Tauchen and Zimmerman.
March 09, 2021 Referred to Committee on Insurance, Licensing and Forestry
March 17, 2021 Public Hearing Held
Present: (5) Senator Felzkowski; Senators Stafsholt, Roth, L. Taylor and Ringhand.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Senator Mary Felzkowski - 12th Senate District
· Associate Director Matt Crespin - Children's Health Alliance
· Julie Grace - Badger Institute.
· Director of Dental Services Dr. Greg Theis - Delta Dental of Wisconsin
· ADT Christy Jo Fogarty
· Mark Rakowski - Children’s Community Health Plan
· President-elect Jennifer Lehto - Wisconsin Dental Hygienists Association
· Director Dr. Karl Self - Division of Dental Therapy at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
· President Brieanne Borntrager - American Dental Therapy Association
· Richelle Andrae - Wisconsin Primary Health Care Association
· Joanne Holland - Access Community Health Center
· Tracey Losse - Partnership Community Health Center
· Tena Springer - Family Health Center of Marshfield
· Linda Jorgenson - Wisconsin Dental Hygienists Association
· Dental Hygienist Linda Bohacek
· President Katy Leiviska - MN Dental Therapy Association
· Dr. Louis Boryc - Wisconsin Academy of General Dentistry
· Dr. Virginia Scott - Wisconsin Academy of General Dentistry
Appearances for Information Only
· Director of Government Services Chris Borgerding - Wisconsin Dental Association
· Joe Strohl - Menominee Indian Tribe
· Tim Lundquist - Wisconsin Association of Health Plans
· Rep. Jon Plumer
· Jack O'Meara - Wisconsin Association of School Nurses
· Forbes McIntosh - Oneida Nation
· Forbes McIntosh - Disability Service Provider Network
· Executive Director RJ Pirlot - Alliance of Health Insurers
· Forbes McIntosh - Wisconsin Assisted Living Association
· Matt Crespin - Wisconsin Oral Health Coalition
· Tom Moore - WI Academy of General Dentistry
Registrations for Information Only
April 01, 2021 Executive Session Held
Present: (4) Senator Felzkowski; Senators Stafsholt, Roth and Ringhand.
Absent: (1) Senator L. Taylor.
Excused: (0) None.
Moved by Senator Stafsholt, seconded by Senator Roth that Senate Bill 181 be recommended for passage.
Ayes: (4) Senator Felzkowski; Senators Stafsholt, Roth and Ringhand.
Noes: (0) None.
PASSAGE RECOMMENDED, Ayes 4, Noes 0