- Born Sheboygan, Wisconsin, August 8, 1972; single.
- Graduate Sheboygan County Christian High School, 1991; B.A. in Business Administration and Political Science, Dordt College (Sioux Center, Iowa), 1995.
- Publisher/owner, Lakeshore Weekly.
- Member: Oostburg Chamber of Commerce; Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce; Manitowoc County Chamber of Commerce; Bethel Orthodox Presbyterian Church (deacon); NRA (life member).
- Recipient: Wisconsin Wildlife Association State Conservation Legislator of the Year 2015; League of Wisconsin Municipalities Strong Municipal Supporter 2016; Wisconsin Cemetery and Cremation Association Legislator of the Year 2016; Wisconsin Builders Association Friend of Housing 2022, 2016; Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians Friend of Family Medicine 2016; Wisconsin Coalition for International Adoption Friend of International Adoption 2016; Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce Champion of Commerce 2018; Dairy Business Association Legislative Excellence Award 2018; Wisconsin Nurses Association Friend of Nursing Award 2018; Reining in Government Award 2018; Wisconsin Counties Association Outstanding Legislator Award 2022, 2020, 2018, 2016; Wisconsin Towns Association Friend of Towns Award 2020; ABC of Wisconsin Building Wisconsin Award 2022, 2020, 2018; Wisconsin Grocers Association Friend of Grocers Award 2022, 2020, 2016; Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce Working for Wisconsin Award 2022, 2020, 2018; The American Association of Nurse Practitioners State Award for Excellence 2020; The American Legion, Department of Wisconsin Legislator of the Year Award 2021.
- Elected Sheboygan County Board supervisor, 2006–15.
- Elected to Senate since 2014. Leadership positions Majority Leader 2023, 2021.
Member of Wisconsin Aerospace Authority and Wisconsin Center District Board