- Born Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, November 12, 1980; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Thomas More High School, 1999; degree in Finance, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2007.
- Full-time legislator. Former business manager.
- Member: American Civil Liberties Union; University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Alumni Association; League of Conservation Voters; Bay View Neighborhood Association; Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin; Sierra Club; Humboldt Park Friends; South Side Business Club of Milwaukee; Bay View Historical Society; Arbor Day Foundation; Tri-Wisconsin; Badgerland Striders; Bay View Lions Club; Lake Park Friends; MPTV Friends.
- Former member: Airport Area Economic Development Group; Young Elected Officials; Coalition to Save the Hoan Bridge (cofounder); WISPIRG (campus intern).
- Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, 2008–10.
- Elected : Elected to Senate since 2010. Leadership positions: Minority Leader 2013.