- Born Eau Claire, Wisconsin, March 15, 1955; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Eau Claire North High School, 1973.
- Former owner/operator of window cleaning business, 1973–2011; Chairman of Town of Brunswick, 2001–07; community organizer for Western Wisconsin Organizing Cooperative of Citizen Action, 2016—18.
- Member Eau Claire Area Chamber of Commerce; Wisconsin Farmers Union
- Former member: Valley Gospel Choir (president); Eau Claire Male Chorus; Eau Claire Kiwanis Club; Eau Claire Area School District Parent Advisory Committee (founder and chair); Eau Claire Family Resource Center (board member); Governor’s Task Force for Educational Excellence; Wisconsin PTA state board; DPI Parent Leadership Corps; Wisconsin Alliance for Excellent Schools; Township Fire Department (vice president of board of directors); Tainter-Menomin Lake Improvement Association (board member); University of Wisconsin Extension Community Partner Advisory Group.
- Elected to Town of Brunswick Board (chair), 2001-2007; Assembly 2006–10. Elected to Senate since 2018.