1. Type of Estimate and Analysis
☑ Original ☐ Updated ☐Corrected
2. Administrative Rule Chapter, Title and Number
4. Fund Sources Affected
5. Chapter 20, Stats. Appropriations Affected
☐ GPR ☐ FED ☑ PRO ☐ PRS ☐ SEG ☐ SEG-S
6. Fiscal Effect of Implementing the Rule
☑ No Fiscal Effect
☐ Increase Existing Revenues
☐ Decrease Existing Revenues
☐ Increase Costs
☐ Could Absorb Within Agency’s Budget
☐ Decrease Cost
7. The Rule Will Impact the Following (Check All That Apply)
☐ State’s Economy
☐ Local Government Units
☐ Specific Businesses/Sectors
☐ Public Utility Rate Payers
☐ Small Businesses (if checked, complete Attachment A)
8. Would Implementation and Compliance Costs Be Greater Than $20 million?
☐ Yes ☑ No
9. Policy Problem Addressed by the Rule
The United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration scheduled U-47700 as a schedule I controlled substance effective November 14, 2016. The Wisconsin Controlled Substances Board took affirmative action on December 14, 2016 to similarly treat U-47700 as a schedule I controlled substance effective December 19, 2016. The Board is currently promulgating a final rule.
10. Summary of the businesses, business sectors, associations representing business, local governmental units, and individuals that may be affected by the proposed rule that were contacted for comments.
This rule was posted for economic comments and none were received.
11. Identify the local governmental units that participated in the development of this EIA.
12. Summary of Rule’s Economic and Fiscal Impact on Specific Businesses, Business Sectors, Public Utility Rate Payers, Local Governmental Units and the State’s Economy as a Whole (Include Implementation and Compliance Costs Expected to be Incurred)
This rule will not have an economic or fiscal impact.
13. Benefits of Implementing the Rule and Alternative(s) to Implementing the Rule
The benefit is for the federal and state controlled substances acts to be in conformity and alleviate confusion. In addition, it is in the best interest of Wisconsin citizens to schedule opiate drugs as controlled substances.
14. Long Range Implications of Implementing the Rule
U-47700 will be treated as a schedule I controlled substance.
15. Compare With Approaches Being Used by Federal Government
The federal government has scheduled U-47700 as a schedule I controlled substance.
16. Compare With Approaches Being Used by Neighboring States (Illinois, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota)
Iowa is in the process of scheduling U-47700 as a schedule I controlled substance. Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota have not scheduled U-47700.
17. Contact Name
18. Contact Phone Number
1. Summary of Rule’s Economic and Fiscal Impact on Small Businesses (Separately for each Small Business Sector, Include Implementation and Compliance Costs Expected to be Incurred)
2. Summary of the data sources used to measure the Rule’s impact on Small Businesses
3. Did the agency consider the following methods to reduce the impact of the Rule on Small Businesses?
☐ Less Stringent Compliance or Reporting Requirements
☐ Less Stringent Schedules or Deadlines for Compliance or Reporting
☐ Consolidation or Simplification of Reporting Requirements
☐ Establishment of performance standards in lieu of Design or Operational Standards
☐ Exemption of Small Businesses from some or all requirements
☐ Other, describe:
4. Describe the methods incorporated into the Rule that will reduce its impact on Small Businesses
5. Describe the Rule’s Enforcement Provisions
6. Did the Agency prepare a Cost Benefit Analysis (if Yes, attach to form)
☐ Yes ☐ No