Record of Committee Proceedings
Committee on Housing and Real Estate
Assembly Bill 582
Relating to: government actions affecting rights to real property; the regulation of shoreland zoning; the substitution of hearing examiners in contested cases; and the property tax treatment of unoccupied property.
By Representatives Jarchow, Allen, Craig, Czaja, Knodl, Nygren, Petersen and Tauchen; cosponsored by Senators Lasee, LeMahieu and Nass.
December 07, 2015 Referred to Committee on Housing and Real Estate
January 07, 2016 Public Hearing Held
Present: (8) Representative Jagler; Representatives Allen, R. Brooks, Katsma, Murphy, Young, Genrich and Stuck.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (0) None.
· Rep. Adam Jarchow - Author
· Tom Larson - WI Realtors Assoc.
· Brad Boycks - WI Builders Assoc.
· Lucas Vebber - WMC
· Joel Haubrich - WE Energies/WPS
· Kara O'Connor - WI Farmers Union
Appearances for Information Only
· Tom Swarhoot - Cedar Vine Yard
· Paul Kent - Town of Saratoga
· Rhonda Carrell - Protect Wood County
· John Holevoet - Dairy Business Assoc.
· Eric Bott - AFP
· Bob Welch - Fox Valley Riparian Rights Assoc. Apartment Association of SC WI
· Rob Marchant - Wysocki Produce Co.
· Jolene Plaetz - WI Association of Assessing Officers
· Rebecca Alwin
· Mike Vickerman
· Kimberly Montgomery - City of Milwaukee
· Jennifer Giegerich - WI League of Conservation Voters
· Joan Arnold
Registrations for Information Only
January 21, 2016 Executive Session Held
Present: (7) Representative Jagler; Representatives Allen, Katsma, Murphy, Murtha, Young and Stuck.
Absent: (0) None.
Excused: (2) Representatives R. Brooks and Genrich.
Moved by Representative Young, seconded by Representative Allen that Assembly Substitute Amendment 2 be recommended for adoption.
Ayes: (7) Representative Jagler; Representatives Allen, Katsma, Murphy, Murtha, Young and Stuck.
Noes: (0) None.
ASSEMBLY SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT 2 ADOPTION RECOMMENDED, Ayes 7, Noes 0
Moved by Representative Allen, seconded by Representative Katsma that Assembly Bill 582 be recommended for passage as amended.
Ayes: (5) Representative Jagler; Representatives Allen, Katsma, Murphy and Murtha.
Noes: (2) Representatives Young and Stuck.
PASSAGE AS AMENDED RECOMMENDED, Ayes 5, Noes 2