- Born Waukesha, Wisconsin, June 8, 1971; married; 2 children.
- Graduate Waukesha North High School, 1989; B.A. Pepperdine University, 1993.
- Former investigative television news reporter for WISN-TV; legislative policy advisor and constituent director.
- Member: Watertown Elks Club; Watertown Moose Club; Ducks Unlimited; National Wild Turkey Federation; National Rifle Association; Wings Over Wisconsin; Lakewatch Volunteer Organization (founder).
- Elected to Assembly since 2004. Leadership positions: minority caucus vice chair 2009.