- Born Whitefish, Montana, July 19, 1946; married; 2 children, 8 grandchildren.
- Graduate Chippewa Falls High School, 1964; attended University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire.
- Owner of archery and tackle shop and fishing tackle manufacturer. Former hospital accountant and business manager.
- Member: Chippewa Falls and Eau Claire Chambers of Commerce; Archery Range and Retailers Organization; Muskies, Inc.; Chippewa Bowhunters; Chippewa Rod and Gun; Eau Claire Archers; Eau Claire Rod and Gun Club.
- Elected to Assembly 2004, 2006. Elected to Senate since 2010.
- Member of Evidence-Based Decision Making Subcommittee of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council.
Member of Building Commission and Tourism, Council on