- Born Sheboygan, Wisconsin, August 8, 1972; single.
- Graduate Sheboygan County Christian High School, 1991; B.A. in Business Administration and Political Science, Dordt College (Sioux Center, Iowa), 1995.
- Publisher/owner, Lakeshore Weekly.
- Member: Oostburg Kiwanis Club (former president); Oostburg Chamber of Commerce; Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce; Oostburg Civic Pride Committee; Bethel OPC (deacon); NRA (life member).
- Recipient: Wisconsin Wildlife Association State Conservation Legislator of the Year 2015; League of Wisconsin Municipalities Strong Municipal Supporter 2016; Cemetery and Cremation Association Legislator of the Year 2016; Wisconsin Counties Association Outstanding Legislator Award 2016; Wisconsin Academy of Family Physicians Friend of Family Medicine 2016; ABC-Wisconsin Building Wisconsin Award 2016; Wisconsin Grocers Association Friend of Grocers 2016; Wisconsin Builders Association Friend of Housing 2016; Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce Working for Wisconsin 2016; Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce Champion of Commerce 2016; Wisconsin Coalition for International Adoption Friend of International Adoption 2016.
- Sheboygan County Board Supervisor, 2006–2015, Human Resources Committee, 2006–2015 (chair, 2010–14), Finance Committee, 2012–2015, Executive Committee, 2010–12.
- Elected to Senate 2014.
Member of Wisconsin Aerospace Authority