- Born Milwaukee, Wisconsin, June 5, 1947; married; 2 sons, 1 grandchild.
- Graduate Milwaukee Washington High School, 1965; B.S. University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, 1970; M.S. University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, 1975; J.D. Marquette University, 2000.
- Full-time legislator. Former broadcast meteorologist and instructor at University of Wisconsin–Parkside. Served in US Army, 1970–73; Vietnam veteran.
- Member: State Bar of Wisconsin; American Meteorological Society; Mequon/Thiensville Noon Rotary; Mequon/Thiensville Chamber of Commerce; American Legion; Ozaukee County Republican Party; North Shore Branch Milwaukee County Republican Party; Lumen Christi Catholic Church (past parish council president).
- Recipient: National Weather Service Public Service Award 2006; Archbishops Vatican II Service Award 1999; Vietnam Campaign Medal and Meritorious Unit Citation; Emerging Political Leaders Program; BILLD Leadership Fellow; MADD Legislator of the Year 2016, 2015, 2013; Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association True Friend of the Law Enforcement Community 2016; Trout Unlimited recognition 2015; MMAC Champion of Commerce 2016, 2015.
- Elected to Assembly since 2006.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Judicial Council; Miller Park District Board of Directors (appointed by governor).