- Born Rochester, Minnesota, January 19, 1962; 2 children.
- Graduate Stewartville High School, 1980; B.A. Augsburg College, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1989. Council of State Governments: BILLD Fellow, 2012, Toll Fellow, 2014.
- Full-time legislator. Former teacher of English and Citizenship to Hmong adults.
- Member: Wisconsin Legislative Children’s Caucus (cochair); Wisconsin Family Impact Seminar Advisors Committee; Viterbo University Board of Advisors; University of Wisconsin–La Crosse Chancellor’s Community Council; La Crosse County League of Women Voters; La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce; La Crosse Health Families Advisory Committee; Preservation Alliance of La Crosse.
- La Crosse County Board, 2004–12.
- Elected to the Assembly in November 2011 special election. Reelected since 2012.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board; State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse; Governor’s Task Force on Opioid Abuse; Legislative Council Study Committee on Reducing Recidivism and Removing Impediments to Ex-Offender Employment; Mississippi River Parkway Commission.
Member of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, Council on, Building Commission, Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board and Tourism, Council on