- Born Rochester, Minnesota, January 19, 1962; 2 children.
- Graduate Stewartville High School, 1980; B.A. Augsburg College, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1989. Council of State Governments: BILLD Fellow, 2012, Toll Fellow, 2014.
- Full-time legislator. Former teacher of English and Citizenship to Hmong adults.
- Member: Wisconsin Legislative Children’s Caucus (cochair); Wisconsin Family Impact Seminar Advisors Committee; Viterbo University Board of Advisors; University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Chancellor’s Community Council; La Crosse County League of Women Voters; La Crosse Area Chamber of Commerce; Preservation Alliance of La Crosse.
- La Crosse County Board, 2004–12.
- Elected to the Assembly in November 2011 special election. Reelected since 2012.
Member of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, Council on, Building Commission, Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board, Historical Society of Wisconsin, Board of Curators, Mississippi River Parkway Commission and Tourism, Council on