- Born Appleton, Wisconsin, February 5, 1978; married; 5 children.
- Graduate St. Mary Central High School (Menasha), 1996; B.S. in History, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 2001.
- Self-employed home builder. Captain in the Wisconsin Air National Guard; Iraq War veteran.
- Member: American Legion; AMVETS; Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Legislature: Elected to Assembly 2006–08. Elected to Senate since 2014. Leadership positions: President of the Senate 2019, 2017.
Member of State Capitol and Executive Residence Board