- Born Janesville, Wisconsin, March 29, 1952; married; 5 children.
- Graduate Mukwonago Union High School, 1970; B.S. in Education, University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, 1974; certificate in EBD, University of Wisconsin–Madison, 1990; M.A. in Education, Viterbo University, 2005; certificates—instructor certificate, autism spectrum, and enhanced verbal skills, Crisis Prevention Institute (Milwaukee), 2008, 2010, 2013.
- Full-time legislator. Former dairy goat farmer, special education teacher.
- Member: Columbia County Democratic Party; Pheasants Forever; Ducks Unlimited.
- Former member: Baraboo Education Association (president); American Dairy Goat Association (judge); Wisconsin Dairy Goat Association (president); Crisis Prevention Institute (instructor).
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.