- Born Madison, Wisconsin, October 3, 1954; married; 2 children, 3 stepchildren, 4 grandchildren.
- Graduate River Valley High School (Spring Green), 1972; B.B.A. University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, 1976.
- Certified public accountant; certified fraud examiner. Member: St. John’s Catholic Church, Spring Green (finance committee member); Taliesin Preservation Inc. Board of Trustees (treasurer); National Rifle Association (member).
- Former member: University of Wisconsin–Whitewater National Alumni Association (president); University of Wisconsin–Whitewater Foundation (board of directors president); Fort Health Care Board of Directors (chair, treasurer); Fort Atkinson Rotary Club (president); Fort Atkinson Chamber of Commerce (president); Whitewater Chamber of Commerce (president); Dodgeville Chamber of Commerce (vice president).
- Recipient: WMC Working for Wisconsin Award 2016, 2014, 2012; MMAC Champion of Commerce Award 2016, 2014, 2012; Wisconsin Pork Association Distinguished Service Award 2013; Wisconsin Newspaper Association Badger Award 2013; Wisconsin Aquaculture Association Legislator of the Year 2013; Dairy Business Association Legislative Excellence Award 2016, 2012; Wisconsin Auto Collision Technicians Association Legislator of the Year 2016; Wisconsin Towns Association Friend of Towns 2016; Associated General Contractors Legislator of the Year 2016; Wisconsin Counties Association Outstanding Legislator 2016; Wisconsin Builders Association Friend of Housing 2016, 2015; Wisconsin Association of Local Health Departments and Boards & Wisconsin Public Health Association Friend of Public Health 2016.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Mississippi River Parkway Commission.
Member of Transportation Projects Commission