- Born Green Bay, Wisconsin, July 31, 1950.
- B.S. University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, 1975; graduate work University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.
- Current small business owner and legislator. Former director of an alternative energy division for a communications construction company.
- Member: Allouez Kiwanis; Salvation Army Volunteer; National Caucus of Environmental Legislators (board member).
- Elected to Assembly 1982–86 (resigned 4/21/87). Elected to Senate in April 1987 special election. Reelected since 1988.