- Born Madison, Wisconsin, March 10, 1971; married; 3 children.
- Graduate La Follette High School (Madison), 1989; B.S. University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, 1993; M.A. Edgewood College, 1996..
- Full-time legislator.
- Member: Dane County Democratic Party; Friends of Pheasant Branch; Middleton Action Team; VFW Auxiliary Council.
- Former member: Parent Teacher Organization (president); Boy Scouts of America (cubmaster); Girl Scouts (troop leader); Monona Terrace Convention and Community Center Board.
- Elected to Middleton-Cross Plains Area Board of Education, 2005—08; Dane County Board of Supervisors, 2008—14; Assembly 2012-20. Assistant Minority Leader 2021, 2019, 2017. Elected to Senate 2022. Minority Caucus Vice Chair 2023.
Member of Women's Council