- Born Madison, Wisconsin, March 10, 1971; married; 3 children.
- Graduate La Follette High School (Madison), 1989; B.S. University of Wisconsin–Oshkosh, 1993; M.A. Edgewood College, 1996.
- Full-time legislator.
- Member: Dane County Democratic Party; Friends of Pheasant Branch; Clean Wisconsin; Middleton Action Team; VFW Ladies Auxiliary Council.
- Former member: Parent Teacher Organization (president); Boy Scouts of America (cubmaster); Girl Scouts troop leader.
- Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District Board, 2005–08. Dane County Board, 2008–14.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012. Leadership positions: assistant minority leader 2017.