- Born O’Neill, Nebraska, June 20, 1953; married; 3 children.
- Graduate Kimball County High School (Kimball, Nebraska), 1971; B.S. in Medical Technology, University of Nebraska, 1975.
- Full-time legislator. Former medical technologist.
- Member: League of Women Voters; Friends of Rotary Gardens; Janesville Performing Arts Center (board member).
- Former member: Mercy Health Systems Volunteers (president); Rock Futbol Soccer League (founding board member); PTO Board; PTA Board; YMCA of Northern Rock County Board of Directors; Janesville School Board, 2000–09.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.