- Born Akron, Ohio, July 28, 1961; married; 5 children (1 son-in-law), 3 grandchildren.
- Graduate Marietta High School (Marietta, Ohio), 1979; A.A.S. in Criminal Justice, MTCC (Omaha, Nebraska), 1985.
- Vice president, safety and claims management for a transport company. Served in US Air Force, 1979–85.
- Member: Trucking Industry Defense Association (board president 2015–17; executive committee 2013–17); Wisconsin Farm Bureau; Marshfield Elks Club.
- Former member: Marshfield Rotary Club.
- City of Marshfield Alderman, 2005–13.
- Elected to Assembly since 2012.