- Born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, January 28, 1987; married.
- Graduated Bradley Technology High School, 2005; Scholar of Education Policy and Community Studies at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
- Member: Milwaukee County Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative Advisory Committee; Beyond the Bell Milwaukee (steering committee); Black Youth Project–100; African American Breastfeeding Network (advisory board); Democratic Party of Wisconsin (vice chair); State Innovation Exchange; Democratic Party of Wisconsin (advisory board); Association of State Democratic Chairs.
- Former member: American Legacy Foundation Activism Fellow.
- Recipient: Public Allies Alumni of the Year 2013 Change Maker Award; Community Action Program Executive Champion Against Poverty; Young Elected Officials Network Leader of the Year–Public Service Leadership Award; Amani Neighborhood Award; Northwest Side CDC Unsung Hero Award 2014; Safe and Sound Borchert Field C.A.R.E.S. Certificate for Outstanding Community Building Advocate.
- Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, 2012–14.
- Elected to Assembly since 2014.
- Additional appointments, 2017: Legislative Council Study Committee on School Data.